Baked blue cheese mash
This baked blue cheese mash is so delicious and the perfect side dish for Christmas! It includes three types of cheeses – making it extra creamy and extra special!
- 1.8 kg potatoes (approx 6 large potatoes)
- 2 tsps salt
- 1½ tsps freshly ground black pepper
- 100 ml milk
- 150 gr butter
- 150 gr cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- To grate: 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup crumbled Blue cheese
- To serve: 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, 3-4 squares cold butter
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Cut the potatoes in half and put them in the boiling water. Cook for about 30-45 minutes until tender.
- Empty the pan in a colander and let the potatoes cool down until you can easily peel them with your hands.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Heat milk and butter using the same pan where you boiled the potatoes. Once the butter is melted, add to the potatoes.
- Stir in cream cheese, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a fork or a hand blender, mash everything together until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 250ºC.
- Add shredded Cheddar cheese and crumbled Blue cheese into the bowl. Mix everything together with a fork and transfer into an oven tray.
- Flatten the mashed potatoes with a spoon and top with crumbled Blue cheese and shredded Cheddar.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is gooey and melted.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley and 3-4 squared pieces of butter on the top.