Best ever muffins
These scrumptious muffins are so easy to make. Try all four of our delicious recipe variations to find your favourite! Using dairy foods in your cooking is a great way to get key nutrients like calcium and protein into your meals.
- 250 g self–raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 240 ml milk
- 75 g butter melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple cored and finely chopped
- 1 finger of fudge chopped into small pieces
- 1 small mashed over–ripe banana
White Chocolate and Raspberry
- 100 g raspberries fresh or frozen
- 100 g white chocolate pieces
Date and Orange
- 8 dates fresh or dried, chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift flour into a bowl and stir in sugar. Whisk together egg, milk and melted butter. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over–mix.
- Add ingredients for preferred variation. Spoon the mixture into a 12 capacity muffin tin lined with muffin cases and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan and cool slightly on a wire rack.