Butternut squash and apple soup
This butternut squash and apple soup is incredibly simple to make but tastes rich and complex. It combines the best of autumn’s produce into the easiest, creamiest lunch or dinner that will keep everyone coming back for seconds.
- 1 large butternut squash,seeds removed and peeled
- 1 large white onion
- 1 pink lady apple
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 500 ml broth or stock
- 250 ml double cream
- Begin by preheating the oven to 200 degrees and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cube the butternut squash, apple and onion and add to the baking sheet. Toss with the oil, salt and cinnamon and roast for 45 minutes or until everything is golden brown and soft.
- Add the soft vegetables and fruit to a blender along with the broth and double cream. CAREFULLY blend together until creamy. (Hot liquids need a space for steam to escape while blending, so be sure to leave space in the top of the blender as well as a hole in the lid for it to escape to be safe.)
- Serve with an extra drizzle of double cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon!