Butternut squash and courgette gratin
This Butternut Squash and Courgette Gratin is the perfect side dish for any meal. It’s full of rich double cream, healthy vegetables and tangy cheddar. Baked in the oven, the gratin is simple to throw together, but tastes like it took all day to make. Everyone will love it!
- 1 large courgette
- 200 grams butternut squash
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 120 mls double cream
- 150 grams shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and choose a baking dish.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic. Sautee for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the double cream.
- Arrange the squash and courgette in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the vegetables and then drizzle with the cream mixture.
- Top with the second half of the cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly!