Caesar salad with Red Leicester
Our version of a classic Caesar salad is made with one of the most popular British cheeses. Delicious Red Leicester cheese cubes served with crunchy lettuce, roasted chicken, and seasoned with an aromatic homemade mayonnaise dressing. A salad that never gets old-fashioned!
- 1 hand blender
For the salad
- 350 grams iceberg lettuce
- 150 grams grilled chicken
- 150 grams Red Leicester cheese, cut in cubes
- 80 grams croutons
For the herbal mayonnaise dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 250 mls vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Herbs De Provence
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- For the dressing, place the egg in a jar that fits your hand blender. Add in lemon juice, salt, Provence herbs, and olive oil.
- Position the hand blender to the bottom of the jar and turn it on while keeping it still. Do not move the blender until the oil is emulsified. Then lift and blend everything together.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.