Chargrilled peaches with lime cream cheese
Mouthwatering caramelised peaches topped with a zesty lime cream cheese. Heaven on a plate!
- Electric mixer
Maple-caramelised macadamias and seeds
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed kernels
- 1 quarter cup pure maple syrup
Peaches and cream
- Two thirds cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 125 g cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 quarter cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 ripe but firm peaches cut in half and stone removed
- 20 g butter melted
- Heat For the maple-caramelised macadamias and seeds, stir the nuts and seeds in a small frypan over medium-high heat until lightly browned and toasted. Add the syrup. Cook, shaking the pan constantly until nuts and seeds are coated and the mixture is thickened slightly, about 1-2 minutes. Spoon onto a baking paper lined tray and cool. Break into pieces.
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream and sugar until firm peaks just form. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and lime zest until soft and creamy. Whisk in the cream in two batches. Refrigerate until required.
- Combine the sugar and ginger in a small bowl.
- Brush the peach halves with melted butter and cook on a chargrill plate over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Remove to a dish and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Set aside, covered loosely in foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve peaches warm or cool, dolloped with lime cream cheese and sprinkle caramelised macadamias and seeds.