Cheddar and bacon stuffed baby potatoes
Serve from the oven whilst still warm for a really delicious party nibble. Very popular with adults and children too especially if they can have some tomato ketchup to dip them into!
- 20 Medium size new potatoes
- 4 Rashers lean smoked back bacon
- 125 g West Country Farmhouse Cheddar (5oz) grated
- 50 g Butter (2oz)
- Pinches of salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Sprigs Oregano or flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Simmer the potatoes until just tender. Grill bacon until crisp.
- Cut tops of each potato and using a small sharp knife scoop out the flesh. Cut thin strips off potato bases if necessary so that the potatoes can stay upright.
- Combine potato flesh with the butter and cheese using a fork. Season well and stir in the bacon.
- Using a teaspoon carefully spoon filling back into the potato shell and top with the potato lids at a jaunty angle.
- Brush liberally with the olive oil. Rest in a baking dish lined with baking parchment and cook at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 until the filling is golden and the cheese is oozing
- Garnish and serve whilst still warm.