Cheddar bruschetta chicken pasta
This Cheddar bruschetta chicken pasta is quick, easy and sure to become a family favourite. Packed with tangy, fresh ingredients like tomatoes, basil and chunks of real cheddar cheese, it is satisfying, bright and perfect for a side dish, main meal or as part of a picnic! Because this dish can be served warm or cold, it can easily be prepped in advance for busy days. Protein and fat from the Cheddar cheese make this meal both satisfying and delicious!
- 225g Spaghetti
- 4-5 Round tomatoes (diced)
- 15 Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 30g Basil
- ½ White onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil (divided)
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 250g Cheddar cheese (chopped into small cubes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced or shredded pre-cooked chicken
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions. Once finished cooking, drain the pasta and run under cool water to stop the cooking. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic and cheddar. Add the pasta and toss.
- Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to the pasta/tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve with sliced or shredded chicken on top + enjoy!