These Cheddar cheese scones are so simple to make; buttery, soft and packed with cheddar flavour! With just a few ingredients, these scones are an easy and delicious addition to breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea. They’re sure to quickly become a firm favourite.
- 270 grams Self-raising flour
- 1.5 tbsp Caster sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 115 grams Cold butter
- 120 mls Cream
- 1 Egg
- 125 grams Grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Using a box grater, grate the cold butter into thin shreds.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and egg. Add to the flour and butter mixture. Using your hands or a spoon, stir together just until a shaggy ball forms.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the dough and fold together until the cheese is dispersed evenly.
- Spread the dough out onto a floured surface and press into a large rectangle. Using a glass or a scone cutter, cut out biscuits, reshaping the scraps into a rectangle when needed until you have 6 scones.
- Place on the parchment sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.