Cheese and garlic tear and share bread
A majestic yet simple tear-and-share buttery, cheesy loaf - so easy to make you may never eat plain bread again! Simply stuff a sourdough loaf with some tasty cheese and a good amount of melted garlic butter... and bake!
- 1 1kg Sourdough loaf
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Stilton cheese, diced
- 150 grams Unsalted butter
- 50 grams Milk
- 3 Large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground red pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Cut the top of bread into 2,5cm squares, keeping the bottom of the bread uncut.
- In a pan, combine butter, milk, garlic, peppers and salt and stir until butter is melted.
- Stuff the bread with cheese and pour garlic butter inside the cracks. Once the cracks are filled, pour a little bit of butter on top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf in aluminium foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Unwrap and grate for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley.