Cheesy broccoli chicken bake
Simple and so good! This chicken broccoli bake recipe is a dish that has it all! - protein, veggies, and carbs and a great taste. A perfect meal to serve family or guests. Rice, chicken, and broccoli conveniently baked in one baking tray at the same time in the oven!
- 800 grams shredded cooked chicken breast or thigh meat
- 250 grams plain cooked packet rice or leftover rice
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 250 grams softened cream cheese
- 150 mls chicken stock
- 350 grams broccoli heads cut into small florets and chop stalks finely
- 200 grams medium Cheddar, grated
- 200 grams double Gloucester, grated
- 4-6 spring onions, chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Grease a deep and large baking dish approx 25cm x 30cm or use a non-stick dish.
- Scatter the cooked shredded chicken, rice and broccoli stalks in the baking tray. Sprinkle with minced garlic, red pepper flakes, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Gently toss the chicken and rice to allow the garlic, chilli, and seasonings to coat evenly.
- Add the broccoli florets and then scatter the remaining cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes approx or until the cheese is gooey, melting, and crisp and golden. Scatter with freshly chopped spring onions and parsley and serve at once.
You can make this dish ahead of time, not by hours but by a couple of days in advance! Prepare the bake, cover, and refrigerate. To bake remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature and bake as above. No further salt has been added. The salt from the stock and cheese should be adequate. Sundried tomatoes and sliced black olives makes a great addition to this Italian flavour bake. This dish a great way to use up left over rice from a curry night or risotto and chicken from left over roast.