Cheshire cheese and roasted red pepper toasts
Cheese and roasted red pepper toasts are super easy to make and incredibly delicious. Butter-basted toasts topped with sweet roasted peppers and citrusy, light cheese.
- 50g Salted butter, melted
- 250g Sweet pointed/Romano peppers, sliced
- 1 Baguette of choice
- 5g Garlic, minced
- 1-2g Chilli flakes (optional)
- 180g Cheshire cheese, grated
- 2g Dried parsley
- Slice baguette into ½ inch slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to moderately hot – 180c. Sauté garlic and chilli in 25g butter, add the sliced peppers, stir, and roast in a moderate oven for 15 minutes or until caramelised and slightly burnt edges; stir halfway through preheat grill to moderate heat.
- Toast bread on one side in a preheated grill, until golden. Baste the untoasted bread slices with the remaining butter, place roasted peppers and grated Cheshire cheese on bread slices. Grill until cheese is slightly golden and melted,sprinkle dried parsley, and serve hot.
No salt added as cheese and butter are already salty. Left over bread – blitz to create breadcrumbs along with fresh herbs.