This Chocolate Mousse is easy, creamy and a total crowd pleaser! With no challenging steps (like separating eggs) it’s just a bit of mixing together and chilling to make this rich dessert. It can be made in advance for a dinner party or when any chocolate craving strikes!
- 180 grams Chocolate
- 1 can Custard
- 250 mls Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream and berries for serving
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and melt over a double boiler or in 30 second increments in the microwave. Just be sure to continue to stir the chocolate so it doesn’t seize while melting! Once melted, set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer,or bowl with a hand mixer, add the double cream. Begin to whip the double cream until it becomes slightly thickened.
- Add the custard to the cream and continue whisking on low until combined.
- Drizzle in the melted chocolate,ensuring that the chocolate isn’t too warm or it will melt the cream.
- Add the salt and vanilla before turning up the mixer to really beat the mixture together and create the moussy texture.
- Once chilled, top with berries and whipped cream before serving (if desired).