With only 3 ingredients, these Chocolate Truffles are an easy, delicious, impressive sweet treat to create at home. They’re rich, sweet and totally customisable – a fantastic Christmas treat!
- 225 grams dark,white or milk chocolate
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla, ½ tsp almond extract or other desired extract
- Toppings: cocoa,coconut, freeze dried raspberries, more nuts, crushed peppermint, sprinkles,etc.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Heat the double cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it is just beginning to simmer.
- Add the butter to the chocolate and pour over the hot double cream. Leave to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate, cream and butter together until smooth and add desired extracts, if using.
- Place the chocolate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon measure, scoop out a small ball and roll between your hands to make smooth. (It will be a bit messy!)
- Finally, roll the completed truffles in the desired outside toppings.
- Serve and enjoy! Store left overs in the refrigerator.