Our traditional cinnamon rolls are easy to prepare and taste so good. Made with whole milk and spices, and a sweet cream cheese frosting. Simply delicious!
- 500 gr Strong flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp dry yeast
- 115 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml whole milk
- 100 gr butter, softened
- 150 gr butter, melted
- 200 gr brown sugar
- 8 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 150 gr cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200 gr powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- nuts, crushed
- The temperature in your kitchen should be around 18-22ºC.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar and eggs. Add in yeast and start kneading.
- Add in milk slowly.
- Knead for 10 minutes until the dough starts to look soft and homogeneous. Add in milk, knead again and make a 5 minutes pause. Knead for 10 more minutes until the dough separates itself from the bowl.
- Form a ball and grease the bowl with olive oil. Place the ball on the greased bowl, cover and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight (a maximum of 8 hours).
- The next morning, take the dough out of the fridge and let it grow a little bit more at room temperature, for around 30-45 minutes, until warmed up a little bit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, prepare the filling: combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to180ºC.
- Stretch the dough over parchment paper and shape it as a rectangle 1-2 cm tall.
- Brush melted butter over the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on top.
- Roll up the dough and cut it into slices.
- Cover a circular tray with parchment paper and place the sliced one next to the other.
- Let them rise for10 minutes more at 18-22ºC.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting: beat cream cheese with butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Prepare the frosting by beating the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Once the rolls are cooked, spread frosting on top and serve with sprinkled nuts.