Creamy sun dried tomato tortellini
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Tortellini is the perfect quick, delicious meal to throw together anytime. It uses just a few ingredients, but is creamy, rich and so satisfying.This is a dish that’s simple enough for a weeknight, but special enough for company.
- 1 package of tortellini of choice, boiled according to package directions
- 250 mls double cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- large handful of spinach
- 25 grams sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 75 grams grated Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet heated to medium heat, add the butter and allow to melt.
- To the melted butter, add the onion and garlic. Saute until slightly golden - roughly 2 minutes.
- Add the double cream and sun dried tomatoes to the pan and stir. Allow this mixture to bubble slightly until it starts to thicken - roughly 3 minutes or so.
- Stir in the cooked tortellini, grated cheddar and spinach (if using). Toss until everything is combined and coated and remove from heat.
- Plate the tortellini and top with more cheddar and parsley if desired.