Creamy tomato soup and three cheese toastie
This simple soup is warm, hearty and comforting. It’s easy to make, but it tastes like a gourmet dish. It’s perfect served alongside the buttery, cheesy triple cheese grilled toastie. A meal that everyone will love!
- 1 onion, chopped into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, skinned
- 900 grams tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ pint chicken or vegetable stock
- 150 mls double cream
3 Cheese Toastie
- 8 slices bread
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 200 grams Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 200 grams Red Leicester, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and add to the pan along with the garlic and onion.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 35-45 minutes or until they are golden brown and the tomatoes have released their liquid.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a blender of food processor along with the double cream and the stock. Blend until completely smooth, but be sure to be careful! Blending hot liquids should be done slowly.
- Taste and add more salt or broth to your taste!
3 Cheese Toastie
- Preheat a large skillet to medium low heat.
- While the skillet is preheating. Spread all 8 slices of bread with a thin layer of cream cheese before topping with slices of both cheddar and Red Leicester.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Place 4 pieces of the cheese topped bread in the skillet with the cheese facing up.
- Place the other 4 pieces of bread on top of the cheese to form sandwiches.
- While the first side cooks, spread butter on the outside of the top slice of bread.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side or until golden.
- Flip the sandwich and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve alongside the soup.