Custard yogurt toast
Notch up your breakfast with this trending and super easy TikTok custard yogurt toast. Not only scrumptious but packed with protein too! It’s a must; see why it’s popular, just may be your new favourite breakfast!
- 2 medium slices of soft bread
- 50 grams plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp maple syrup plus extra for optional drizzle
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2-4 pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1 small banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the bread on a non-stick baking tray or piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- With your fingers or a back of a teaspoon press the bread slices down in the middle to create a well.
- In a small bowl mix the yoghurt, egg, 1 tsp of maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir well, until fully combined.
- In another small bowl, place sliced bananas, mix in 1 tsp of maple syrup and chopped pecans, if using. (This will create super quick caramelised bananas).
- Spoon the yogurt mixture onto the pressed bread slices, place the nutty, maple bananas on top of the custard mixture
- Bake the bread for 8-10 minutes, until the custard is set and bananas are caramelised. Serve and enjoy!
Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of cream for a treat.