Four cheese gnocchi pots
Mini gnocchi baked pots with spectacular cheeses, showcasing the sharp, creamy rich, and nutty flavours of fabulous British cheese and topped with a crunchy crumb. Perfect for a light lunch or a quick and easy starter.
- 300 grams shop bought gnocchi
- ½ tsp salt
- 200 grams four cheeses of choice, crumbled
- 200 ml double cream
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 20 grams crushed croutons
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6. In a large saucepan place water to boil and add salt.
- Cook the gnocchi as per instruction on the pack and gently sieve and drain once cooked.
- Place the gnocchi back in pan, pour in cream, black pepper and two thirds of the cheese and gently combine and divide into ovenproof mini pots.
- Scatter the remaining cheese on top the gnocchi pots. Place the pots in an oven proof tray and bake for 8 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Mix the croutons and herbs together and sprinkle the crushed, herby croutons over the baked gnocchi pots and cook for a further minute or so. Serve with spring greens or salad.
This recipe is great way to use cheese leftovers, ideally, cheeses in contrast with flavour and colour. This is a recipe that takes little time yet impressive, packed with flavours and textures. Replace black pepper with mustard or chilli flakes to switch things up! This recipe used British cheeses: cheddar, Wensleydale blue, double Gloucester, and red fox.