Garlic and lemon butter board
This garlic and Lemon butter board recipe is simply delicious. Garlic confit studded in creamy butter with lemon zest, fresh herbs and more. Serve with a choice of bread.
- 250 grams unsalted butter softened
- 100 ml olive oil to sauté garlic
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled sliced
- 8-10 salted pistachio kernels chopped
- 2-4 spring onions (optional)
- 4-6 sprigs of coriander use leaves only
- 10-12 sprigs of chives, finely chopped
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, preferably freshly grounded
- ½ lemon zested
- bread, toast, or crackers of choice
- Prepare the garlic by heating the olive oil in a small saucepan over low to medium heat and add in the garlic once the oil is warm; ensure garlic is submerged. Gently cook on a low heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the garlic is softened. Sieve the garlic, set aside, and allow to cool. Store the flavoured oil use for dressings and drizzling.
- Spread softened butter across a chopping board, scatter the confit garlic slices over the butter. Sprinkle the chopped nuts, fresh herbs, and spring onions.
- Zest lemon over the butter, then a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- Serve immediately with your choice, bread, toasts, or crackers and enjoy!
This recipe is super quick and takes around 30 minutes to put together and is a great crowd pleaser. It’s gluten-free, grain free and sugar free recipe. This butter is equally scrumptious to sauté poultry and seafoods or a mix with just cooked pasta or potatoes.