Warm goat's cheese and roasted vegetables salad
A fabulous goats' cheese salad paired with sticky spiced roasted, seasonal winter vegetables. A simple yet impressive cheese dish.
- 4 beetroots, medium, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 red onions, medium, cut into wedges
- 6 carrots,medium, peeled and cut into thick discs
- 10 new potatoes, cut into wedges
- 50 grams baby leaf spinach
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 75 grams (per person) goat’s cheese slices with rind/2 logs
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- 6-8 fresh chive stems, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6. Place the prepared vegetables in a large roasting tin.
- Create a dressing by mixing in a small bowl, the melted butter, honey, and balsamic vinegar and stir well. Mix in the spices and salt.
- Reserve 4 tbsp of the dressing for later. Pour the remaining dressing over the tray of vegetables. Mix everything together so that the veg is all coated. Roast for approx. 30 minutes, until all the veg is tender stirring occasionally to prevent the veg sticking to the pan.
- Gently mix in the spinach and place goat’s cheese slices randomly on top of the roasted vegetables and spinach. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is warmed through.
- Spoon over the reserved dressing, sprinkle with chives and serve.
Sprinkle over with croutons, toasted nuts, or seeds for crunch.