Halloween Hasselback sweet potatoes
Delight your Halloween guests with these sweet potato “worms”. Infused with Stilton, butter, garlic, and honey, these eerie delights are sure to enchant your dinner table. No matter the age of your spooky companions, they'll love this creepy-cute creation!
- 6 small sweet potatoes (approx 150gr each)
- 100 gr Stilton, crumbled
- 100 gr butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and slice them thinly only 2/3 way through, without reaching the bottom.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- In an oven-safe medium-sized bowl, combine butter with honey, fresh ginger, garlic clove and spices.
- Place the bowl in the oven for 2 minutes until the butter is melted, then blend the butter sauce using a hand blender.
- Add crumbled Stilton cheese and roughly combine the cheese without blending.
- Spread the sauce over the sweet potatoes, making sure it gets into the cracks.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 160ºC and then 20 minutes at 175ºC.
- Decorate with Halloween-themed details