Hot cross bun pudding
This Easter turn your hot cross buns into this amazing and decadent pudding. Our fudgy, chocolatey, and gooey caramel hot cross dessert recipe is a real Easter showstopper, and an incredibly easy recipe the whole family is going to love!
- Hot cross buns halved
- 150 grams Chocolate spread
- 200 grams Caramel spread
- 3 medium Eggs
- 250 ml Double cream
- 250 ml Milk
- 45 grams Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 20 grams Dark chocolate chips
- 20 grams Milk chocolate chips
- 20 grams White chocolate chips (Optional)
- 20 Mini fudge pieces (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan. Grease a baking dish to fit the 6 hot cross buns sat tight next to each other or in a non-stick tray.
- Cut the hot cross buns in halves like you would a burger bun. On the inside of the bun base spread evenly the chocolate spread between the six bun bases. Repeat this with the caramel spread on the inside of bun tops then sandwich the buns. Place the hot cross buns in the baking dish and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and then stir in the double cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla until combined and the sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the hot cross bun sandwiches and sprinkle a choice of chocolate chips. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until pudding is set and golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating! The pudding is best served warm.
- For this recipe you can use traditional spiced fruit hot cross buns like we have. Alternatively use a mixture of hot cross buns, the supermarkets have a great choice from chocolate buns or other fruity types like blueberry hot cross buns.
- In this recipe use whole milk or semi-skimmed milk.
- Create this pudding by the extra addition of/or jam, marmalades, or curds.