Mediterranean Cheddar cheese muffins
These simple savoury muffins are scrumptious, studded with pockets of mature Cheddar and packed with summer vegetables. An incredibly easy bake, versatile and equally delicious hot or cold, making them ideal for breakfasts, lunches and picnics.
- 150g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Light olive oil
- 50ml Whole milk
- 100g Mature Cheddar cheese (cubed 1/2 cm sq.)
- 100g Mature Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100g Courgette (coarsely chopped or grated)
- 50g Red pepper (coarsely chopped or grated)
- 50g Black sliced olives (optional)
- 5g Fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 5g Garlic (finely grated/puree)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush the inside of a muffin tin well with oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl and combine.
- Place the wet mixture into the dry and mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into the 12 muffin holes and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Use a British mature Cheddar or even an extra mature Cheddar to achieve a strong flavour.