A drink of indulgence and luxury! This recipe creates a velvety, smooth mocha with real cocoa rich chocolate and wholesome dairy ingredients.
- 1 espresso
- 100 ml double cream
- 250 ml whole milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 100 grams dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 can squirty whip cream
- Gently heat the freshly made espresso, double cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally and ensuring the sugar is fully dissolved. If using espresso granules make up as per instructions.
- Reduce heat to low and mix in the chopped cooking chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and serve by pouring the mocha drink into heat-proof glasses or mugs ¾ up,leaving room to finish with squirty cream and other sprinkle toppings of choice.Serve and enjoy!
Ideal for Easter and to use leftover Easter chocolates. Topping suggestions:
- 1 tbsp whipped or squirty cream
- a few mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp caramel sauce
- pinch of sugar sprinkles
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate curls
- toffee popcorn