Mozzarella and curry mini pies
These cute spooky pumpkin mini pies will do the trick as a yummy treat on Halloween! They are filled with a top combination of mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, spinach and pumpkin. We season them with little bit of curry too, for a touch of Halloween spice. Delicious and so fun to make!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 240 grams mushrooms, minced
- 100 grams spinach
- 200 grams pumpkin, baked
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 store bought shortcrust pastry sheets
- 200 grams mozzarella, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a pan, heat butter and cook crushed garlic until golden and tender.
- Add in diced mushrooms and sauté until slightly browned.
- Mix in spinach, curry, paprika, salt and ground black pepper. Cook for a couple minutes and take away from heat.
- Let the mixture cool down and combine with baked pumpkin until the filling looks homogeneous. Set aside.
- Using a large cup upside-down, cut 20 circles out of the shortcrust pastry sheet. On half of them, cut out eyes, a nose and a small mouth.
- Use leftover dough to shape a stem for each of them.
- Place the uncut dough circles on a baking sheet over an oven tray, and top with Mozzarella cheese. Top with a tablespoon of sauteed veggies.
- Finally, cover each pasty with the engraved wafers.
- Close the edges using a fork.
- Paint with the beaten egg and bake following package instructions.