Mushroom risotto with Stilton
This recipe is spectacularly creamy and ready in less than 30 minutes! Mouth watering mushroom risotto made with delicious Stilton. A fabulous winter warmer!
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 200 grams mushrooms, clean and sliced
- 300 grams white rice
- 80 ml white wine
- 350 ml vegetable broth
- 100 grams Stilton cheese
- 100 ml double cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place butter in a saucepan along with chopped onion and garlic. Let them cook until golden coloured. Add in mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add rice and let it brown a little bit. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Pour in wine and let it evaporate for at least 2 minutes.
- When the rice has absorbed all the wine, add broth little by little, stirring regularly. This process should take about 15 minutes.
- Once the final part of broth is added, mix in crumbled Stilton cheese and double cream.
- Serve immediately.