No bake lemon cheesecake
This no bake lemon cheesecake is simple, elegant and oh so decadent! Full of the traditional flavours of cheesecake, but with the added twist of lemon, this no bake dessert will surely impress. With just a bit of stirring, you’ll be able to serve a rich cheesecake that everyone will love.
- 100g Ginger snaps or digestive biscuits
- 50g Melted butter
- 450g Room temperature cream cheese
- 200mls Double cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Lemons, zested and juiced
- To begin, grab a 20cm springform pan to ensure the finished cheesecake can be removed from the pan easily! If you do not have one,a regular cake or tart pan can also be used in a pinch.
- To make the crust, simply blend the biscuits in a food processor or blender until they’re in fine crumbs. (You can also place them into a heavy duty plastic bag and bash them with something heavy to form crumbs).
- Add the crumbs and melted butter into a bowl and mix together until all of the crumbs are wet. Pour into the springform pan and use your hands to press them firmly into a crust. Place the pan into the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese and using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip together until smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and whip again until combined.
- Add the double cream and begin whipping the mixture.Continue whipping until it begins to thicken up. At this time, add the lemon juice and lemon zest and continue whipping until the mixture holds a stiff peak.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and pour the filling over the top. Smooth the top as well as possible and place in the fridge to chill for 4-6 hours.
- Once set, feel free to decorate with more whipped cream or lemon slices and serve!