No-bake white chocolate and cardamom cheesecake
This incredibly easy no-bake cheesecake is equally deliciously and oh so, sumptuously creamy, and velvety. It’s wonderfully light and fragrant, with a floral hint of cardamom and classic vanilla, smooth and creamy white chocolate and buttery biscuit crust. It’s a great make-ahead impressive dessert.
- 200 g Plain digestive biscuit crumbs unrefined
- 100 g Unsalted butter melted
- 300 ml Double cream cold
- 150 g Icing sugar
- 250 g Plain soft cheese
- 150 g Greek-style yogurt
- 150 g White chocolate melted (plus extra 50g for drizzle - optional)
- 1 tbsp /15ml Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp /15ml Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Cardamom ground
- Spray the inside of a 20cm(approx.) springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Alternatively use a non-stick springform pan.
- Combine the plain digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter together until all is moistened. Press the mixture firmly down into the base of the pan. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set the biscuit base.
- Meanwhile, beat the whipping cream with 50g sugar until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese together with the remaining 100g of icing sugar until smooth. Add in the Greek style yogurt, white chocolate, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and cardamom. Combine and beat again until smooth.
- Now gently fold in the sweetened whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Spoon the creamy thick filling into the chilled, prepared biscuit base. Spread the filling and smooth evenly with a flat spatula, up to the brim of the pan. Place in the fridge to set fora minimum of 5 hours or preferably overnight.
- Optional – decorate cheesecake by melting 50g of chocolate, drizzle chocolate with a teaspoon on top of the cheesecake with a back-and-forth motion before setting in the fridge. Slice and serve straight from the fridge.
To freeze: Once the cheesecake has set in the fridge, remove the rim of the springform pan but not the base. Wrap the cheesecake with the base of the pan with a sheet of aluminium foil and place it in a freezer bag. Alternatively, store in an airtight and freezer-proof container. Label and date and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving. To store: Once the cheesecake has set in the fridge, remove the rim of the springform pan but not the base. Wrap the cheesecake with the base of the pan with a sheet of aluminium foil or place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.