No churn strawberry ice cream
This no churn strawberry Ice cream is creamy, dreamy and so simple to make. Using just a handful of ingredients, you can create the most luxurious, sweet strawberry ice cream at home, with no ice cream maker necessary!
- 397 gram tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 grams strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Begin by adding the strawberries to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, when the berries start to burst and release their juices. Add the sugar and stir, allow to cook until it starts to thicken - roughly 5-7 minutes.
- Once slightly thickened, remove the strawberry syrup from the heat and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl with a hand mixer), add the double cream, sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla. Beat until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a large airtight container, layer half of the whipped cream. Pour half of the strawberry syrup over the top and use a knife to “swirl” the strawberries into the ice cream base. Repeat with the rest of the ice cream base and strawberry syrup.
- Place the lid on the ice cream and put it into the freezer to set for at least 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping and enjoying!