Oaty fruit crumble
Our fruit crumble recipe is the perfect dessert on an autumn or winter's night - actually anytime of the year! This classic recipe includes juicy apples, plums and raspberries. Serve with custard or yogurt. Simply delicious!
- 400 g fruit- apples, (cored and roughly chopped), plums (stoned and roughly chopped), raspberries, fresh or frozen (and defrosted)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 100 g regular or jumbo rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground ginger or mixed spice
- 100 g cold butter cut into cubes
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 50 g currants or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas mark 6.
- For the topping, place the flour, oats and spices in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and currants or raisins.
- Place the prepared fruit in an ovenproof dish, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Top with the oaty crumble mix.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the crumble topping is golden brown.
- Gently heat the custard and serve approx. 2 tablespoons of custard or yogurt with each serving of crumble.
Cook’s tips: Custard or plain yogurt, to serve