This is the only recipe you’ll ever need for pancakes. The measurements are easy to remember and can be doubled or tripled to suit the size of your family.
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 250 ml milk plus extra if required
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- Berries, yogurt and maple syrup to serve
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and whisk in milk and egg until well combined. Use extra milk to adjust the consistency of the batter to produce thinner pancakes if desired. Rest batter for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and pour excess into the pancake mixture, briefly whisk to combine. Pour one quarter cup mixture into frying pan, cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until lots of bubbles form and begin to break. Flip pancake and cook on the other side until puffed and set. Repeat with remaining butter.
- Serve pancakes with your favourite yogurt, berries and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.