Pecan, caramel, banana ice cream
Don't be fooled, homemade ice cream is so easy to make. This delicious milk-based ice cream recipe makes for a tasty and creamy treat!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 300 ml double cream
- 150 ml whole milk
- 150 gr sugar
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 gr pecan nuts, crushed
- 6 medium-sized store-bought toffee caramels
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- In a food processor, blend a banana with double cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat at low heat. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture cooldown for 30 minutes.
- Pour ice cream batter into a zip-top bag and seal.
- Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until solid.
- In a small pot, melt caramel with 3 tablespoons of milk. Once melted, add pecan nuts and cook until warmed up by the caramel.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and break it into pieces. Blend using a food processor until creamy, pour into an airtight container and set aside.
- Combine caramel with the ice cream.
- Cover tightly and freeze again until ready to serve.