This delicious creamy pumpkin pie with spooky spices will cast a spell on anyone who tastes it. Whether you're sharing it with trick-or-treaters or enjoying it in your haunted mansion, it’s sure to be the star of your Halloween celebration. Enjoy, and have a spooktacular Halloween!
For the dough
- 200 gr flour
- 100 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
- 420 gr pumpkin purée
- 200 gr double cream
- 100 gr whole milk
- 150 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- store-bought whipped cream
- lime zest
- In a large bowl, mix dough ingredients and knead until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- In a 22cm pie pan, roll out the dough using your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: mix pumpkin purée with double cream, whole milk, sugar, eggs and spices.
- Blend to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie pan and bake for 10minutes at 200ºC. Then, reduce the oven temperature to 180ºC and continue baking for another 35-40 minutes until the filling is set but still slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Serve with whipped cream and lime zest.
- Tip: double the proportions of the filling if you want to make it fuller.