These fun rainbow pancakes are going to brighten your morning! Perfect for a celebration breakfast or to put a smile on someone’s face : ) We have used the classic pancake recipe, and added some colour for extra fun.
- 280 ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 140 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 different food colourings
- 1 tsp butter
- maple syrup, butter
- In a glass, combine whole milk with lemon juice or vinegar. Let it curdle for 10 minutes to create a buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Whisk egg whites until creating soft stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks with softened butter and sugar.
- Gently combine egg yolks with egg whites and the flour mixture.
- Separate the batter into a minimum of 3 medium-sized bowls (the more, the better!). Tint each of them with a different food colouring. You can also combine them for creative shades.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and grease with 1 teaspoon of butter. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter and cook until the top is filled with bubbles.
- Flip and cook on the other side. Repeat until all pancakes are done.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter.