Nutritional analysis per serving (approximate)
Energy 101kcal, Fat 2.1g, Carbohydrates 14.8g, Fibre 0.01g, Protein 6g, Salt 0.2g
Serves: 4-5 | Preparation time: 10 Minutes | Cooking time: None
Meal Type: Dessert | Costs per serving: 59p
A great dessert for entertaining, this can be made in advance and kept served when ready. Simple and delicious, bring it to life with your choice of garnish to add extra flavour and texture.
- 3 Gelatine Leaves
- 500ml Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- A few drops Rosewater
- 30g Sugar
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 minutes until it is soft.
- Place the milk, vanilla and sugar in a pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Take the gelatine out the water and squeeze out any excess. Add to the pan and remove from the heat. Stir well until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Leave to cool for a minute or so and carefully add the rosewater a couple of drops at a time, tasting to check it is not too strong.
- Divide the mix into 4 or 5 ramekins/bowls and cool. If you are feeling brave, place into moulds lined with clingfilm instead so you can turn them out once they are set.
- Once they have cooled down enough lightly cover and place into the fridge.
- Leave to set for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Remove, turn out if you want, or simply garnish with some (or all) of the suggested items. Dust with a little icing sugar.