Sautéed garlic alfredo sauce
This versatile and gorgeous, creamy garlic sauce will see you never use a shop bought cream sauce again. It’s a sauce that will become a quick and delicious base for easy meals.
- 4 garlic cloves/15g approx, peeled, crushed, or grated
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 150 ml milk
- 50 grams medium/mature cheese of choice grated or crumbed.
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- few sprigs of chives (optional)
- Sauté the garlic in a large non-stick frying pan by melting butter over low to medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so, or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Make sure not to burn the garlic and only cook till slightly golden.
- Stir in the cream cheese, combine until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in cheese and pepper until completely incorporated. Cook sauce 5-7 minutes or until reaches desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta.
We’ve served the sauce here with pasta but go ahead and get creative! Great for cauliflower cheese other vegetables and on chicken and fish. Works well with jacket potatoes and great on loaded fries too! Do not use dehydrated garlic powder, granules, or flakes. Prepared, pre-cut garlic is not very fresh. Fresh garlic is a must, and you will taste the difference in the sauce. Sautéing garlic just like roasting is smooth, mellow, and not overpowering. This sauce can be made with medium to mature cheese of your choice or it’s a great way to use up left over cheeses. Remember to grate hard cheeses and crumble softer cheeses so it blends well and quickly into the sauce. In this recipe Wensleydale blue was used. This sauce as already mentioned, is versatile and can be equally delicious and creamy without medium/mature cheese too; The other wholesome ingredients – garlic, butter, cream cheese, and milk, creates a more delicate creamy sauce.