Scrambled eggs with cheddar and spinach
The best ideas are the simplest. A handful of grated cheddar will transform your usual scramble!
- 6 eggs
- 1 quarter cup milk
- 30 g butter
- 400 g baby spinach washed
- 1 quarter cup grated cheddar cheese plus extra for serving
- 4 English muffins split and toasted
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives for serving
- Lightly whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over medium heat, add spinach and toss constantly until wilted. Remove and keep warm.
- Turn heat to medium-low, wipe out the frying pan, add remaining butter and cook until foamy. Pour in egg mixture. Using spatula, slowly push eggs across the frying pan in one motion, wait a few seconds before pushing in the opposite direction. Continue to push and fold eggs until almost set. Remove from heat and fold in the cheese.
- Serve immediately on toasted muffins topped with spinach. Sprinkle with chives, extra cheese and pepper.