Smoked salmon, cheese and broccoli quiche
A hearty meal that doesn't take long to prepare and will feed the whole family at dinner time. Enjoy with a delicious salad on the side.
- 1 x 18-19cm cooked pastry case
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 175 g broccoli cut into florets
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 ml whole milk
- 50 g smoked salmon slices roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 100 g grated mature Cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g bag salad leaves
- 200 g cucumber sliced
- 200 g carrots peeled and grated
- 50 g cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas mark 4.
- In a frying pan, heat a little oil, add the onion and garlic, and soften for 3-4 minutes. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, drain well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
- Put the pastry case on a non-stick baking tray. Arrange the softened broccoli on the bottom of the pastry case then add the onion, garlic and salmon slices. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and salmon.
- Sprinkle half the herbs and cheese over the top of the quiche. Place onto a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the egg is set. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix the salad ingredients together, slice the quiche and serve with the salad.
Cook’s tip: Alternatively replace 50g smoked salmon slices for 170g canned salmon, drained and roughly flaked