Spinach and cream Cheddar dip
It’s World Milk Day on 1st June, so why not join us celebrating delicious dairy and try this dip. The cream and cheese used in this tasty dip give a perfect creaminess that will tempt you to eat it with a spoon! (Though we recommend crackers, carrot sticks or any other veggies of your choice). Happy World Milk Day!
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ jalapeño pepper
- 100 gr whole milk
- 50 gr double cream
- 175 gr spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
- 100 gr cream cheese
- 100 gr pale Cheddar, crumbled
- 175 gr mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- To serve: crackers and carrot sticks
- In a pan, melt butter and cook garlic clove until golden. Add diced jalapeño and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add in milk, double cream and spinach leaves. Sauté for 15 minutes at low heat.
- Add in cream cheese, crumbled Cheddar and shredded mozzarella. Mix and cook until mozzarella is melted.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and ground black pepper.
- Serve with crackers and carrot sticks.