Stilton, date and bacon bites
These scrumptious pastry bites are crisp and fluffy and filled with a luscious combination of bacon, sweet dates and savoury Stilton. The perfect Christmas party food!
- 400 grams bacon
- 150 grams dates, pitted
- 1 pack puff pastry
- 100 grams cream cheese, softened
- 200 grams Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water
- mustard sauce (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- Place dates over bacon slices and roll each one separately.
- In a pan, cook the date wraps until slightly golden on all sides. Be careful not to brown it too much, since it will end up cooking in the oven.
- Let them cool down.
- Unfold puff pastry on the kitchen counter. Spread cream cheese over it and then crumbled Stilton cheese.
- Cut puff pastry into 4cm stripes.
- Roll each date wrap into puff pastry stripes.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the puff pastries in two concentrical circles, forming a crown.
- Mix egg yolk and water and paint the top of the crown with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crown is browned.
- Serve with a mustard sauce.