Stilton stuffed dates
Bacon wrapped, Stilton stuffed dates are the perfect appetizer or side dish! Sweet, sticky dates are stuffed with rich, tangy stilton and wrapped in crispy, salty bacon. They’re simple to prepare, but always impress.
- 12 dates
- 150-200 grams Stilton
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- flaky sea salt, optional
- Begin by preheating the oven to 175 degrees celsius and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, divide the Stilton into 12 even pieces and roll them into little log shapes before placing them on a small plate in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When the cheese is chilled, take each date and remove the pit from the center by pulling apart the date from the middle. Stuff a piece of frozen Stilton into each date. Push the sides of the date back together around the cheese so that the date appears closed again.
- Once stuffed, wrap each date with a ½ rasher of bacon and place on the lined baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake the dates for 15 minutes or until the bacon is done to your liking! (Note: some of the cheese may melt out, but that’s okay! There will still be cheese inside of your dates.)
- Serve with an additional sprinkle of stilton on top or dust with flaky salt. Serve warm!