Sweet creamy chicken salad
This sweet and creamy chicken salad is the perfect make ahead meal. It’s full of flavour, texture and is covered in a rich, creamy dressing. Make it sweeter or more tangy, this chicken salad is completely customisable. It also keeps incredibly well in the fridge for a few days, so it makes for wonderful lunches!
- 750 grams cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 1 pink lady apple
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- ½ red onion
- 50 grams sliced almonds
- 115 grams mayonnaise
- 125 grams Greek-style yogurt
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- juice from ½ lemon
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add the cubed chicken, diced apple, celery onions and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by combining the mayo, yogurt, double cream, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt. Whisk together until creamy and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Toss everything together and taste for seasoning. Add more salt or maple syrup as desired!
- Serve on top of salad, on a sandwich or even inside of a warm croissant.