Tropical eton mess
Tropical eton mess with fragrant, sweet, mangoes and passionfruit to create a delicious version of the timeless English dessert. Sweet meringue and a rich creaminess - it's the perfect summer dessert.
- 200 g Greek-style natural yogurt
- 200 g Crème fraiche
- 50 g Icing sugar sifted
- 350 g /2 Mangoes peeled and chopped into small chunks (ripe)
- 100 g /4 Passionfruit pulp (including seeds)
- 8 Shop-bought batch of nest meringues
- Optional - fresh mint sprigs / toasted coconut (desiccated/flaked)
- In a large bowl, place the yogurt, crème fraiche and icing sugar, and whip the ingredients for around 2-4minutes, until soft peaks form, with either an electric or manual whisk.
- Roughly but gently, crush meringues into big and small chunks, set any crumbs aside.
- In large glasses/bowls,assemble the dessert. Firstly, layer the chunks of meringue, cream mixture and tropical fruits, repeating at least twice so the glass/bowl is full.
- Garnish each glass with some fresh mint sprigs and/or desiccated/flaked coconut if you wish.
- Serve immediately.