Vanilla hot chocolate
Snuggle up with a warm and indulgent mug of this easy, delicious, velvety, vanilla hot chocolate that is ready in minutes!
- 100 grams Belgian white chocolate, chopped
- 250 ml whole milk
- 50 ml double cream
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 squirty cream (optional)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large heat proof bowl and set aside. Pour the milk, and cream along with the vanilla extract and salt to a large saucepan and warm over a medium heat until gently simmering. Remove from the heat, pour over the chocolate, and allow the mixture to melt for 1-2 minutes before stirring with a spatula.
- Whisk the chocolate milk gently to combine the ingredients and until soft foam forms. Serve right away, ladled into heat-proof glasses or mugs, filling about ¾ of the way to allow for the squirty cream and or other toppings of choice.
Adding salt enhances the deliciously creamy vanilla flavours Topping suggestions:
- 1 tbsp whipped or squirty cream
- a few mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp caramel sauce
- pinch of sugar sprinkles
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate curls