Very Berry Ice Lolly
Our delicious milky, fruity ice lollies are bursting with flavour and perfect for enjoying in the summer sunshine! Get the best of both worlds – creamy like an ice cream and refreshing like a lolly.
- 10 Ice-lolly moulds
- 300g Full fat crème fraiche
- 200g Whole milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50g + extra 10g Icing sugar
- 200g Strawberries
- 150g Blueberries
- 20ml Water
- In a large bowl whisk the crème fraiche, milk, vanilla extract and 50g icing sugar to create a sweet creamy mixture.
- In a blender or food processor, puree strawberries with 10ml water, 1 tsp/5g of icing sugar (optional)and pour in a small bowl. Repeat and puree blueberries with 10ml water 1 tsp/5gof icing sugar (optional) and pour in a small bowl.
- Place the ice-lolly moulds on a flat surface and alternating, pour the dairy mixture and the two fruit purees into each mould - creating 3 to 5 layers for each ice-lolly.Insert lolly sticks and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and dip the moulds briefly into warm water to release the lollies. Serve immediately.
Lollies store well up to a week. Each lolly is approx. 90ml Swap the strawberries and/or blueberries for other fruits like cherries and other summer berries. If you do have any left-over mixtures, create a berry smoothie by further adding yogurt, a banana and ice.