Warm bacon and Stilton salad
This classic warm bacon salad is topped with a twist - stilton and pecans, making it perfect for any autumnal meal. The warm dressing elevates the salad from its traditional cold version and is loved by all who try it!
- 200 grams baby spinach
- 100 grams chopped pecans (these can be toasted, if desired)
- 220 grams Stilton, crumbled
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 50 grams dried currants or cranberries
- bacon grease released during cooking
- 2½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Begin by cooking the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate to cool and drain the bacon grease into a bowl.
- To the bowl with the bacon grease, add the rest of the dressing ingredients and whisk until combined. The dressing should come together like a vinaigrette.
- To another large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients and toss before liberally dressing in the bacon dressing.
- Toss the salad together with the dressing before dividing between four plates and serving while warm!