Warm potato salad with melted cheese
This salad is perfectly balanced for autumn cosy days: warm baked sweet potato with delicious melted cheese that comes paired with fresh and crispy lettuce. All seasoned with a slightly sweet honey dressing and some addictive baked pecan nuts You’ll feel fulfilled but not heavy! Feel free to use our suggested cheese combination or to create your own for this unique warm salad recipe!
For the roasted potato salad
- 8oo grams sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 grams pecan nuts
- 50 grams apple, cubed
- 150 grams Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- 100 grams goat's cheese, sliced
For the honey dressing
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 225 ml olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- lettuce, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place them on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Add cubed apple, pecan nuts, crumbled Wensleydale and sliced goat cheese on the baking tray, just over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- For the dressing, combine sour cream, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Stir quickly until emulsified. Add in salt, dried oregano and dried thyme. Set aside.
- Pour honey dressing and chopped herbs over baked sweet potatoes and serve warm, accompanied with chopped lettuce.