White chocolate rice pudding
This White Chocolate Rice Pudding with Nutmeg is sweet, creamy and mildly spiced. It’s the perfect pudding for cosying up in the winter months or serving as part of a holiday celebration. It can also be chilled and served any time of year!
- 120 grams long grain white rice
- 350 mls water
- 200 grams sugar
- pinch of salt
- 450 mls double cream
- 450 mls whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg, whisked
- 90 grams white chocolate
- Begin by adding the long grain rice and the water to a pot and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Once the water is nearly gone, mix together the cream and milk in a large jug and add 750 mls of the mixture to the pot along with the rice. Next, add the sugar and stir the mixture.
- Allow the rice, cream, milk and sugar to simmer for 25-35 minutes, stirring frequently until the mixture is very thick.
- Once thickened, remove from the heat and whisk in the egg, the remaining 150 mls of the cream and milk mixture. Stir.
- Finally, add the vanilla, nutmeg and white chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Serve the pudding warm with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg on top!