Yogurt and fruit purée breakfast
A perfect way to start your day. Yogurt layered with a fruit purée, rolled oats and nuts. Garnished with blueberries. Pretty and delicious!
- 400 g Greek style yogurt natural, full fat
- 320 g any fruit combinations- dessert apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries or raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 75 g rolled oats
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon optional
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut or linseed mix
- 50 g chopped hazelnuts
- Fresh blueberries to garnish
- Prepare your fruit if using fresh fruit e.g. peel, core and roughly chop apples, peel and slice banana and hull berries.
- Place the fruit in a saucepan with the water. Gently heat for a few minutes and bring to simmering point to make a purée. Stir gently.
- Mix the oats, cinnamon (if used), coconut or linseed mix and nuts together (for extra flavour and crunch you can toast these ingredients over a medium heat in a dry non-stick frying pan)
- Place 4 dessert spoons of yogurt in the base of 4 wine or sundae dishes. Layer a 4 dessert spoons of the fruit purée then 2 dessert spoons of the crunchy oat mixture. Repeat the layers and finish with fresh berries on top.